Vital Adventure's

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Weight Loss Progress and Unexpected Surprise

Well... This week I haven't been following through with the working out as I would have liked.  (Honesty is best, right?)  I am still walking and dieting, but this week has been extremely hectic (and I don't think I have fully recovered from just going).

The exciting thing is I can tell I am still shrinking (as I like to call it).  Jeans and clothes are starting to fit well again!  The biggest shock to me was a bracelet that had been somewhat tight on me fits much better.

While I was 9 months pregnant, Drew and I celebrated our 4th Wedding Anniversary.  Drew surprised me with a Pandora Bracelet consisting of a few charms that symbolized where we met, and the upcoming birth of Tristan (a very very sweet and unexpected gift).  The bracelet however barely fit...  After I gave birth to Tristan I wore it more and it started to fit better, however; Drew and I discussed exchanging the bracelet-part for a larger size (no one really likes to think about that!).

I don't think I have worn the bracelet in 2 weeks, and yesterday marked 7 years since Drew asked me to be his girlfriend (I know cheesy, but we still remember).  The past couple of years we have reminisced about the date, but haven't "celebrated."  Drew, being the sweetheart he is; came home with all kinds of gifts last night :).  Flowers, wine, cheesecake (not helping), and a small box from Kay's!  I opened the box and there were three more charms to add to my bracelet.  Drew mentioned, as he added the charms, that the jewelry store would exchange the bracelet for a larger size...   I was thinking there was no way I was getting that thing on my wrist with three additional charms!  Surprise, surprise, it not only fit it was a little loose :).  This really made my night, and now I don't have to exchange anything!

The way your body is after having a baby is not always great (some people get lucky, but not me).  You are left with the additional hormones, and the thought of am I ever going to go back to normal.  My thoughts now after 2 months is yes!  Things will go back to normal; it may be a slow process and a new normal, but it will happen.

It amazes me how much I have accomplished in the past two months!  I went from not being able to walk without help, not being able to bend over, nor lift my child.  I can now run, workout, move furniture/rugs (did this all day yesterday), and carry my growing baby.  These things are small, but all the same, accomplishments.  Our bodies heal so quickly and that is amazing :).

No comments:

Post a Comment