Vital Adventure's

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Go State and The Cutest Tailgate

Whew...  Have Tristan and I slowed down yet? Nope, and we are loving every minute :).

One of the many great things about having a baby is all of the first you get to experience with them.  I feel like Drew and I have been piling on all of the first with Tristan, but when the opportunity presents itself why not?  So when Kati had organized a girl's weekend I was very excited about tailgating and spending time with friends and my sister.  I asked Kati if she cared if I brought Tristan with me, and she didn't seem to mind so we started to put the planning into action.

Originally when we talked about heading up to Starkville, Drew was going to come too, mainly to help with Tristan; and also to try to get together with some of his friends.  Well, with Drew's work schedule at this time it didn't exactly pan out.  I still really wanted to go, but I was very nervous about traveling with a 2 month old by myself.  Surprisingly it wasn't that bad.  Tristan slept most of the way and only cried twice (both times there was nowhere for me to pull over so I had to let him cry.  I felt like an awful mother!).  The crying only lasted maybe 10 minutes before he fell back asleep, but in mother years it felt like an hour!

When we arrived in Starkville, I met up with my sister and my friend Allison.  We packed up everything we were bringing to the tailgate, and I made sure all of baby's needs were met.  I have to say that having a stroller helps so much when you are trying to carry stuff to the tents.  After dropping the big stuff off, moving my car to a safe area, and finally walking back to the tailgate we were able to relax, eat, and drink!

Kati had taken care of ordering the food from The Little Dooey (delish!), and had made the cutest pieces for the game Corn Hole.  Kati is extremely crafty :).  See how she did it here.

 
I decided not to buy a ticket for the game, (sorry dawgs) because I didn't think it was a great idea to bring a baby into the stadium (too much noise).  Tristan seemed to really enjoy tailgating though!  He didn't mind the cowbells or the noise as long as someone was holding him.  He liked to watch the fireworks go off every time we scored (according to the fireworks we were winning), and he seemed to be very stimulated by the entire event.  He barely slept (although the pictures tell a different story) so when I brought him back to Erin's apartment he slept 7hours straight through the night!

Sunday we went to the Veranda for Lunch (one of my favorites!), and then Tristan and I headed home.  It was a short trip, but very enjoyable!

Overall the tailgate seemed pretty successful, and I think it can become a family event/tradition that we can carry on through the years!  I picture one day (far down the road) Drew and I visiting Tristan at MSU.  We will still be lugging the tent, table, etc (maybe we will have a golf cart by then? please Drew! J/K) and having a great time watching our team play their hearts out or just being there to support them.

Here are some pictures from the tailgate-  I failed to take any!  I have officially learned my lesson but please enjoy the few that were taken. Sweet boy is sound asleep in each of the pictures :)
 Sleeping before the party starts!

Tristan's MSU outfit and Cowbell!

Sleeping in Mommy's arms!

 Auntie Erin and Tristan!
Finally a picture awake!  Thank you Lauren :). 

Update on Tristan: Tristan rolled for the first time at 9weeks old on September 19th!  I missed it :(, but I got to see him roll last night!  He is pretty amazing!

Have a great upcoming weekend! ~ Tina V









 

No comments:

Post a Comment