Vital Adventure's

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tristan's First Flight

I have to do a little bit of bragging on my son :).  A little over a week ago we hopped on a plane and headed to Newport, RI for Billy and Katharine's wedding.  We were so excited to be going to Newport, but there were quite a few people that were surprised we were bringing our 7week old on a plane!  Well my 7week old did not make a peep other then giggling.

Going by the advice of our pediatrician we fed Tristan at take-off and when we landed.  The swalling helps with their ears and keeps them from feeling bad.  I did bring infant tylenol with me just encase, but it is still unopened :). 

The Flight Attendant gave Tristan a certificate for his first plane ride that we can put in his baby book, and we took some cute pictures of him.

Strapped in ready for take off! J/K he sat in our laps; cute photo though!

 Tristan's First Flight!


I like flying Mommy!

We flew into Providence and picked up our rental car (a KIA Soul very fun to drive) and headed to the house in Newport that Drew's parents and Uncle Walt rented.  The house was very quaint and had a lot of character with a Zen garden, claw foot tube, and industrial ladders to a loft.  The good thing is that it was large enough to accommodate all 12 of us. 

Drew's family is really amazing.  From the very beginning that I met them they all made me feel like I was part of the family.  They do a very good job at getting everyone together and with people being spread out in Massachusetts, Virgina Beach, Florida, Chicago, Minnesota, and all the way to California that takes a lot of planning :).

Friday we headed to the beach to check out where Billy and Katharine were tying the knot!  Tristan got to experience his first time on the beach (Even though we live so close to one, with the heat we haven't taken him!)  The location was beautiful.  We spent time catching up with all of the cousins and then drove along the cliff walk to check out how the other half lives!  Pretty amazing, I would not mind having one of the smaller sailboats or even the carriage house :).

 Mommy helping me walk in the sand!
 Daddy and I enjoying a picnic!

Friday night the rehearsal dinner was held at the Brick Alley Pub.  The food was amazing and I tried my first raw oyster (surprisingly I really liked it).  After the rehearsal dinner Tristan went home with his Gramma and Grampy, and gave his Mommy and Daddy a chance to go out without him.  He was definitely in the back of my mind the entire night, but we had a great time dancing and catching up with everyone.

The next day Drew was not feeling great so we just took it easy and watched MSU beat Auburn!  Tristan played with Xavier (Drew's cousin Pat and his wife Crystal's son).  It was the cutest thing Tristan would smile at him, and Xavier would share his cars and other toys with Tristan.

That evening we went back down to 1st Beach (Easton Beach) for the Wedding.  It was a beautiful ceremony.  The Rehearsal was held at the Rotunda, and they even had the Carousel available for the wedding guest to ride on.  I attempted to take Tristan, but he had mixed feelings on whether or not he enjoyed it.  I did get a cute photo opp though.  Tristan loved dancing and would bounce to the music.  We had a wonderful time and we were so happy that we were able to be there on such a special day :).

 Mommy and Tristan on the Carousel!
Daddy and Tristan at the reception
     The happy couple with Uncle Mark, Auntie Sondra, and Brian

Tristan will not remember our trip, but I am glad Drew and I keep a blog that we will be able to share with him all of the little adventures we enjoyed together.  I love this kid so much his smile keeps me going.  Yesterday he had his two-month shots.  I think I took it harder then he did!  He is such a blessing!

Swimming with Daddy!  At 9 weeks old I weigh 13lbs 1oz and am 23 1/2in long!


Have a great week~ Tina V 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment