Vital Adventure's

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tristan's Trip

Mommy finally uploaded the pictures so please enjoy my first road trip :).

On August 3rd we headed out to start my first road trip!  I was just under 3 weeks old (I mean who does this craziness?)   Mommy got the okay from both her doctor and my doctor and we headed out so I could meet my great-grandparents and other family that we do not get to see too often because we live so far apart.

Our first stop was Atlanta at my Uncle Rin, Aunt Lauren, and cousin Jeremiah's new house!  Jeremiah arrived to this world after I came to visit, but I will get to meet him soon.  They have three small dogs that liked me and licked me a lot.  Auntie Lauren held me and would rock me in her large chair.  She also took a lot of pictures as she knows how to get my good side!


Our next stop was to Boones Mill, VA to visit my Great-Grandma Hardt!  Great-Grandma lives in the mountains!  I had to get adjusted to my ears popping, but Mommy would feed me or give me my bippy to suck on (she always knows how to make me feel better).  I loved Grandma holding me and rocking me- it was so special.  We made sure to give her some pictures so she can look at me often and think of me.


From VA we headed to Altoona, PA.  My other Great-Grandparents live there.  I am going to call them Gaga and Pappy.  I got to sit out on my Gaga's swing and look at all of her pretty flowers.  My Mommy loved to play out in the yard when she was little.  Daddy helped me take my first steps in the grass and it was the softest grass I have ever felt.  I met some of my Mommy's Aunts, Uncles and Cousin Brent.  I had such a good time!



We continued to travel north to CT to see my daddy's Grandma Mac and Auntie Jill.  I heard stories about my Grandma when she was little growing up with her 5 sisters!  I got to take pictures with them, and I know my Mommy and Daddy will treasure the photo's of the important people in their lives holding me!


I had been anticipating meeting my Gramma and Grampy and I finally got to meet them when we went to Cape Cod!  It was everything I expected and more.  I know they love me so much, and so does their dog Roscoe.  Roscoe did not want to leave my side and even slept outside our door while we were there.  He was very protective of me.  While in Cape Cod I met my Daddy's Uncle Walt who just did an amazing job in the Falmouth Race.  We went to a Falmouth Race picnic and I also got to meet a lot of Gramma and Grampy's Cape Cod friends.  Grampy is very social.  I can't wait until they move by me so I (and Rudy) can see them every day!  I really enjoyed Cape Cod and am hoping next year I will be able to play at the beach :).


As we traveled south again we stopped in Philadelphia, PA.  My Mommy's cousin Heather and her family live there.  I played with my cousins Owen and Gabe and had a really great time.  Heather is a very good cook.  Next time we go to visit maybe I will be able to enjoy the food.  The next day we were on a time crunch, but we visited the Liberty Bell before we left and headed back to Great-Grandma's in Virginia!


After traveling back through Atlanta again, we went to Philadelphia, Mississippi so that Mommy and I could go to Mindi and baby Everett's Baby Shower (baby Everett will be here next Tuesday, and I can't wait to meet him).  We stayed with our friends Stephanie, Michael and baby Madison.  Here is Madison and I playing on the chair.  She is the first other baby I have ever met, and I know we will be great friends!


I had such a great time, and Mommy and Daddy say I am so easy to travel with and the sweetest baby:).



 

No comments:

Post a Comment