Vital Adventure's

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our Little Vital Zoo (Continued)

We still have four animals left to go, but they are smaller so they will all fit into this blog post :).

Emerson Fitzgerald or Emma Fitz is our 6 year old grey and white cat.  She is a pretty much the coolest cat you will ever meet.  She is an indoor cat, but will go to the back door and knock on it and yell at us to let her outside (she gets to go out as far as the porch).  We've seen coyotes in our neighborhood so letting the cats out is not an option.  She loves jeans and if you have a pair on she will be in your lap.  She likes to be held, tossed in the air, spun on the floor, thrown onto the bed or sofa, and she always comes running back for more.  If we play hide and seek from the dogs she always finds us first and will start to meow as if to let the dogs know where we are.  Emma is very graceful and you almost never hear her coming.  She comes when she is called and sometimes will even respond with a polite meow.  She is very intrigued with our caged critters and will sit on their cages and stare at them.  I know Emma will constantly try to sleep in Tristan's crib or will jump into his "pack and play" with him.  I will have to keep on eye on Tristan to make sure he does not pull on her or make her upset.

Jasmine or Jazzy is our other 6 year old cat.  She is considered a Dilute Muted Calico.  Jazzy is our slightly (well maybe more than slightly) overweight cat.  Her favorite thing is food.  We have had her on several diets, but she somehow seems to be able to break into the extra cat food or even dog food if she is desperate.  She has been known to eat the top layer of a cake that was cooling, and will steal food off of your plate if you are not looking.  Drew and I are ready for those early morning feedings, because Jasmine starts yelling at 4-5 am for breakfast.  Personality wise she is very sweet.  She has never scratched or bit anyone, and she is very tolerant.  I know Tristan will be fine around Jazzy (as long as she doesn't try to sit on him).

 Emma and Jazzy

Skeet and Scoot are our two Centralian Pythons.  They really don't do a whole lot except eat, sleep, and crawl around their cage.  They are about 7 years old and are about 5ft long.  Skeet and Scoot are non-venomous and eat frozen/thawed mice and rats.  Drew feeds them, cleans out their cage, and plays with them.  I think they are neat to watch, but I do not find myself taking them out to play with them.  I believe Skeet is a girl and Scoot is a boy, but we have not had any little snake babies yet so I could be incorrect.  Drew loves reptiles and will hopefully use his passion to teach Tristan the difference between venomous and nonvenomous (touch and no-touch). I for-see my son bringing home tons of different critters just like his daddy.  Patience is a virtue...

Skeet and Scoot

Our last little guy is the newest member of the family.  George` (pronounced Hor-hay) the Hedgehog.  Drew adopted George` in March.  I was not thrilled about this at first, and actually tried to get my friend Tara Smith to take him, but I have to admit he is pretty cute.  Drew tells me he adopted him for Tristan.  George` is very low maintenance and pretty much only comes out at night.  He eats hedgehog kibbles, mealworms, and crickets, and then gets on his treadmill.  He lays back down in his house and then comes back out to eat again and runs on the treadmill.  All of the other pets would gather around his cage when he would come out.  He snarfles a lot and will sometimes roll himself up into a little ball.  He makes Drew happy so how can I deny my husband? ;).

George (Hor-hay)

Well, that concludes our little Vital Zoo (so far.)  I think the most wonderful thing about having all of the pets is how educated and respectful Tristan will be with animals.  They are God's Creatures too, you know.

Tristan Update:  I am 31 weeks today; it is getting close. We had a check up on Monday and he is measuring on time!  Tristan had the hiccups on Sunday, and that was the neatest thing I have felt.  I get jabbed and poked a lot, but this was a constant rhythm.  When I realized he had the hiccups I could pin point were his head was!  I did have to hold back tears (I know emotional).   It dawned on me I will be safe to go into labor at 36 weeks which is only 5 weeks away...  I think Tristan will hold off a little while longer though we still have a lot to do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment