Vital Adventure's

Thursday, May 31, 2012

DIY-Baby's Room Project

We are almost done with the baby's nursery! A few projects we have completed this past week consist of some of Tristan's wall art.

One of the fun things about my job is getting to go to Market and seeing the new up and coming merchandise, design ideas, and product!  One of my favorite vendors is Form and Pheromone check them out here.  We are a retailer for their artwork so if you are interested email me at designseagrovefl@aol.com   Some of my favorite pieces from them are the shell artwork.  They take from nature and create a beautiful but simple wall art.



With the retail price of each artwork being anywhere from $300-$3000.00 this was not something very feasible that we could do nor would I place it in the baby's room.  So Drew and I decided to try our hand at making our own! 

Supplies
Shadow Boxes- I bought 4 12"x12" white shadow boxes from Michael's at $12.00 ea
Paper or Matte Board- I used 12"x12" navy blue scrapbook paper for a contrast in color $0.25 ea.
Assorted Seashells or whatever else you would like to frame- I went to our local shell shop and purchased
1 lg Starfish- $2.99
5 sm. spiney starfish- $0.99 ea
1 lg Sand Dollar- $6.99
9 sm. pieces of coral - $1.49 ea
Hot Glue Gun
and Spray Glue

Instructions
Drew and I glued the navy blue stock paper to the back of the shadow box.
We then played with arranging the shells on the board and hot glued them into place.
Here is a picture of our final project.
I can't wait to hang them on the wall!  I will post a picture as soon as we do!

Total cost of four new pieces of artwork- $77.39!   

2 comments:

  1. this is something I am definately going to steal! beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete