Vital Adventure's

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ahoy It's A Boy! Baby Shower

This past weekend Drew and I drove over to Mississippi for our baby shower!  Our sweet friends, Tara Smith, Kati Lockley, Mindi Kern, and my mom hosted our shower.  They did a good job of keeping everything a surprise from the theme to all of the beautiful decorations that Tara had hand made (they look professionally done!)  Drew really wanted to be a part of our baby shower so we decided to have a couples shower since technically we are doing this together (except for the labor part, lol.)

When we walked into the house all of the decorations and the theme coincided with Tristan's nautical bedroom!  My parents got barbeque pulled pork from "The Shed", and we had tons of sides, desserts, and a beautiful cake! Kati made delicious shortbread nautical cookies as favors and you can find the recipe here- Nautical Cookie Favors

We played a couple of games that Lauren and Mindi put together. One was "Do You Know Your
Baby Food?" in which you had to guess the flavor. I was terrible at it but Drew and our friend Ryan ended up winning which is no surprise if you know either of them.  For the second game, Drew and I sat back to back each holding one of my shoes and one of his.  Mindi would ask us a question, and we would have to hold up either my shoe or his depending upon who we thought would be more likely to take care of the baby's needs.  For example: "Who would be more likely to get up in the middle of the night when the baby is crying?"  Drew basically thinks he is raising this child on his own; which I can't complain about- I will be okay with him changing the majority of the diapers.  I got to open all of the sweet gifts, and I have to say that Baby Tristan is one lucky little boy for having all of the adult role models in his life.

When I set up our baby registry it was a little overwhelming and I was unsure of what I needed vs. what was nonessential.  I learned a lot at the shower just from my friends and family that have babies.  Kati Lockley found a great blog post for the Mom's-to-be that are going through the same feeling with their registry.  Check it out here. Baby essentials... -Oh Joy!  Overall Drew, Tristan and I are fairly set!  We are currently in the final stages of setting up his nursery with only a few last purchases and projects to complete (pictures will be posted soon).  I asked Drew to go to Baby's R Us on Monday to look at rocker/gliders, and poor hubby was very intimidated with all of the choices of baby stuff!  I have to admit I feel pretty relaxed now, and hopefully the next 8 weeks will go by smoothly and productively!

 Drew and I at our shower! When I became pregnant Drew decided to lose 30lbs; I may help him look thinner by standing next to him, lol.

Banner and diaper cake Tara made!
Baby shower cake!
Bassinet my family gave us.  Emma is already making herself at home...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Tina. We are so proud to have you for our daughter and we love you so much. Mom and Dad V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this baby shower just turned out to be super awesome. I am also very happy because yesterday I too got a surprise baby shower from my mom at my favorite LA venue. It was a stunning bash which was hosted in the chic fall style and the DIY teamed up with the venue interior was looking extra ommph.

    ReplyDelete