Vital Adventure's

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday Favorites- Nicole Paloma

Currently I work along 30A in Santa Rosa Beach, FL.  This is a vacation spot for a lot of people that I went to college and high school with since it is only a few hours from Mississippi.  I do feel blessed that I am able to live and work in Florida, even more so now that family has moved over here, and that Drew and I are meeting and making more friends in our area :).

I constantly have people come into the shop I work at, Design On the Gulf, and ask where are cute clothing shops, where is a good restaurant, what is there to do besides going to the beach?  30A is nestled along the water and is hidden along 98 (you seriously would not know anything was there unless you decided to turn down 283, 395, or 30A).  It is directly in between Destin and Panama City Beach.  I actually had never heard of it until I started looking for an internship in college.  I ended up landing a job in Rosemary Beach, FL.  I fell in love with this perfect, aesthetically pleasing, urban-beach community.  Being naive I was ready to sign a lease to live in a 400 sq/ft studio apartment until I started looking at the price...  Drew and I ended up in a wonderful community in Freeport that we absolutely love, but that is for another blog. 

One of the greatest things about this area is all of the locally owned small shops, (my dream one day!).  I find that people really do not advertise in the area you find everything by word of mouth.  There is something extremely exciting  about stumbling upon a great boutique, consignment shop, restaurant, you name it.  The folks are extremely nice and I always end up feeling like a found a secret treasure.  This same thing happened yesterday, and instead of keeping it a secret I want to let y'all know where to go when you come into town ;). 

One of my BF's Kati, who just opened a great boutique in Ocean Springs; is a search engine genius.  She always finds the greatest stuff and seriously everyone should follow her on Pinterest.  She has gorgeous taste and seems to know where to go (a great travel buddy).  She came into town yesterday for business and a little shopping.  She really wanted to go to this place to look at clothes in The Shops of Grayton Beach, and am I happy we went.  The name of the shop is Nicole Paloma maybe you have already heard of her and this is old news, but as soon as we walked in the door I was in love.  I wanted one of everything.  One of the greatest things about this little treasure is that Nicole is at the store making the clothes right there.  How amazing is that!?!  Everything is Handmade (not to mention American made) reasonably priced and beautiful.  Since I can't buy one of everything I opted for a beautiful cotton wrap (The Flora).  Check out the picture below.
 
I can honestly say this is one of my favorite pieces of clothing in my closet right now, and I have already gotten so many compliments on it.  A little bird told my that Abode Design in Ocean Springs is going to start carrying her clothes so if some of my old high school friends live in Ocean Springs please follow Abode on FB here, Kati will update you when they come in.  I promise you will not be disappointed.

Tristan and I will definitely be back over there soon; since he loves flirting with the girls in the store.  BTW- Nicole Paloma does make little girls clothes, too. 

They are absolutely adorable! 

I also bought this little taupe mini (found on the sale rack and love it).

I am obsessed with porch swings right now.  You can imagine how excited I was when I went to Nicole's website and this beauty popped up.  The pillows are in the colors I am using on my porch.  More inspiration and motivation coming my way ;).



No comments:

Post a Comment