Vital Adventure's

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

6 Month Check up!

Oh my goodness!  I can not believe it has been over three months since I last posted!  I have been extremely busy between, being a mom, wife, and working!  I am so thankful for the help I have and have had from my Mom, and Marcia my mother-in-law.  I really would be struggling without y'all!

Since my last blog a lot has happened!  Tristan our sweet mister was Baptized November 11, 2012.  My Nana and Papap were in town for the Baptism.  I loved that they were able to come visit us, see Tristan, and meet our zoo!  We had a very full house of animals, because Sadie and Davie (my mom's dog and cat) were staying with us as well.  Lauren, Rin, and Jeremiah came down from Atlanta, and Tara and Kati came over from Mississippi.  It was such a blessing to have our close friends and family in town for such a special occasion!
One of my favorite pictures from Tristan's Baptism!  I love my family :).

The Holiday's were a blast and went way to fast, but I am ready for warmer weather and longer days!  January went quickly between being busy busy at work and trying to plan and prepare for some upcoming trips!  Drew, Tristan and I went to Jackson, Mississippi to visit with our good friends Mindi, Joey and their baby Everett.  Everett is 4 months old and absolutely adorable, check out his story here.  Stephanie, Michael, and their 10 month old, Madison, drove over from Philadelphia.  Madison is the same size as Tristan and is 4 months older (I have a big baby)!  Tara and Craig came up from Daphne, Alabama; it was so much fun getting together.  We had a great weekend just hanging out and playing with the little ones.  I kept on thinking how our get-togethers have changed.  A few years ago we would probably be getting ready to go out for a night on the town, but we were all perfectly content staying in and playing with the babies.

Everett and Tristan seeing each other for the first time!
 Tristan and Madison!  I think Tristan was starting to get tired by this point.
 Baby Boy trying to crawl!  Thank you Tara for the great photo's!


Currently Tristan will be 7 months on February 16, but we just had our 6 month check up yesterday.  Here is the low down on Baby T.

Weight: 21lb 10.7oz
 We are in the 90th% big growing boy with chunky baby legs. 

Height: 26in
Only the 25%. He may end up being short like Mommy and Daddy.

Head Circumference: 17 3/4in
He has a perfectly round Charlie Brown head.  I absolutely love it!

Milestones:  We are rolling back and forth.
Sitting up by ourselves for almost 5mins.
Holding our own bottle and pulling it in and out of our mouth.
Reaching for anything and everything to put in our mouth.
Almost Crawling (We get so frustrated because we haven't quite figured it out.)
We love the sounds that come out of our mouth and sometimes shriek just to hear our own voice.

Yummy in my Tummy: We have 2-3 8 ounce bottles a day.
We love fruit and oatmeal.  We tolerate vegetables, although green beans are good.

New Milestones Doctor approved:  We were told yesterday that Tristan can move to having meat, and get this...  Also eat regular people food!  Tristan can also start using a Sippy cup.  My baby boy is becoming a big boy!

At the beach at 6 months old!
Loving Life!

We finished up our Doctor's appointment with his 6-month shots.  I tell you those shots do not get any easier.  My mother-in-law came with me this time; so I was trying to be strong, but it is still heart wrenching to hear your baby cry like that.

I am going to try to be a good blogger and go back to blogging at least twice a month; it has been far too long!  Have a great day!

Tina V

No comments:

Post a Comment