Vital Adventure's

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Eventful Weekend

This past weekend Tristan and I traveled over to Mississippi to support Kati in the opening of her store during the Peter Anderson Festival!  Abode Design is beautiful, and I know she will be very successful.

I love going to the Peter Anderson Festival every year, the food is delish, and I love seeing all of the artist and vendors.  Unfortunately, when Tristan and I arrived in Ocean Springs it was starting to storm we took refuge in Kati's shop where several of our friends had the same idea and were already there.  Poor Tristan was fussing because mommy was trying to get to O.S. so quickly, and that left him starving (poor baby, I know terrible mother...)  We relaxed, had a bottle, diaper change, and then the rain let up enough for us to explore.  I knocked out two Christmas gifts and ran into several friends that I had not seen in a while and was able to show off my handsome son.

Yesterday Tristan and I went back to Abode for Kati's advertisement photos, visited my Dad and toured the school he is teaching at, and then headed to Spanish Fort to shop for his upcoming Baptism!  We had another fun weekend!

Today, when I arrived at work I found out that one of my prior co-workers, Josh Bruner, was killed in an automobile accident on last Thursday.  I called Kati and we reminisced over the fun we had with him and what an incredible person and artist he was.  We are both still going through the initial shock of the news.  It leaves me with the feeling of nothing less then how precious our lives are.  Even though I only knew Josh for a short time he holds a special place in my heart.  Rest in peace friend, and I know when I see the sunset tonight you will have added your artistic touch to it. 

Give your loved ones a hug,

Tina 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that Tina, call me if you need to talk, I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's terrible Tina, prayers for his loved ones..

    ReplyDelete