Vital Adventure's

Monday, October 8, 2012

Gautier Wedding!

The Vital family had another fun weekend!  On Friday we headed over to Mississippi for Kati and Luke's wedding festivities.

I have known Kati and Luke for a while now, and I was also there to witness the day they met.  Luke and I both attended Perk our Freshman year of college; he is one of those people that you do not forget with a fun personality who always has the entire room laughing.  Kati and I met at MSU and we seemed to have every class together.  Kati is such a good friend and always goes above and beyond for everyone she knows.   

In the Spring of 2010 Kati and I made a trip over from Florida to Mississippi for Tara's bridal shower.  After the shower we headed down to the Grocery (a fun bar in Ocean Springs).  Tara, Allison, Kati and I were hanging out and catching up.    Tara interrupts the conversation with "Was that Luke Gautier?"  At the same time I felt a gust of wind as someone had run past our table.  I look up to see  Luke run past us again, and Tara yelled his name.  He slowly came over to us and immediately tried to lock eyes with Kati (who didn't seem interested at all, although Luke tells it a little differently).  I really didn't think too much of their meeting until Tara called me and said Luke tried to get Kati's information.  Tara  responded to him that he had no chance at all.  As I got off the phone, Kati walked in texting and giggling (hmm...)  She looks up at me and says "Tina, so what is the deal with this Luke guy?"   I can not remember my response, but I probably told her the conversation I just had with Tara.   From that time on to now Kati and Luke have been together.

I have been looking forward to this wedding for a while.  I knew it was going to be a lot of fun, and I was not disappointed at all!  Kati's attention to detail is incredible.  She put the entire wedding together on her own.  She did the flowers, centerpieces, handmade the lawn games, decorations, the list goes on and on.  Before the wedding I walked around and took pictures, because everything looked like it was straight out of a Bridal Magazine.  By the way she will be offering wedding consultations with her new business!

The wedding was held at "The Old Place" in Gautier, Mississippi; where Luke Gautier's ancestors lived.  The house was a perfect sight for a wedding with a large wrap around porch, tables over looking the bay, and huge southern oaks with spanish moss hanging from their limbs.  For the food Kati and Luke had arranged for vendors to set up (like you would find at a festival).  We could walk up to their tents and order pulled pork sandwiches, home made chips, garlic potatoes, chicken, sausage dogs, funnel cake, popcorn, and of course cotton candy (I was not dieting this weekend)!  The wedding was very family friendly.  My mom, dad, sister Erin and Drew all attended and were very helpful with Tristan.  Tristan danced, walked in the grass, and I think had a taste of cotton candy thanks to Tara.  I had a wonderful time catching up with our close friends and taking pictures!

Luke and Kati I wish you a long happy life together with many blessings!  Kati you should throw another party soon; we had such a wonderful time!

Happy Monday!  Tina
Kati's creative programs!

Gorgeous Centerpieces

Event Posters!

Me, Tristan, Melissa, and Finnley!

Stephanie, Allison, Tara, Kati, Me, and Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment