Vital Adventure's

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

28 Weeks Down and Feeling Great!

Monday morning Drew and I headed to my doctor's office for my 28 week appointment.  I was a little nervous, because I was having my Glucose test.  We scheduled my appointment for 8:30 am, because I was not able to eat or drink anything from Midnight the night before until the 2 hour appointment was over.  When we first arrived they do the normal prenatal appointment things weigh me, check my blood pressure, and listen for the babies heartbeat (my favorite part).  Then I went in to have a sugar test down by pricking my finger.  The nurse said everything was normal and gave me a Glucose drink; I choose the lemon lime flavor hoping it would help mask whatever it was I was drinking.

The Glucose drink is like drinking pure sugar or syrup.  Since I am not a huge sugar lover (I prefer unsweetened tea) this was hard to down especially in 3 minutes time.  I completed the drink, and then Drew and I were given our paperwork for our hospital stay.  This really started to make the situation real for me.  Would I prefer my own clothes to deliver in or a hospital gown? Do I want the lights dimmed?  How would I like to relieve my back-pain massage, hydrotherapy, etc.?  I am not really sure what I will be thinking or wanting when I go into delivery; I will probably just want my husband, Drew, and my mom by my side and everything to go smoothly (praying).

I love the hospital we are having Tristan at Sacred Heart Hospital in Santa Rosa Beach.  It is 25 minutes from my house and 15 minutes from work (since I will most likely work up until I go into labor).  There are only 4 labor and delivery doctors at SHH so I did not realize how lucky I was to get in with Dr. Esses.  I really want to have her as my Doctor for all of my future babies as well.  Her office is so quaint and nice.  We never have to wait longer then 10 mins for our appointments, and we typically get in and out quickly.

Below are some pictures of our hospital accommodations.  Drew and I are going to schedule a tour very soon.
                                                               Sacred Heart Hospital
                                                                  Family waiting area
                                                                       Baby Lounge
                                                             Labor and Delivery Recovery
                                                             Labor and Delivery Bathroom
                                            If we forget anything for the baby- Baby Boutique

My Glucose test came back normal (thank goodness!), and now we are just preparing and waiting for little Tristan to grow big and strong and make his debut in July :).  I know it is getting closer because my Doctor's appointments are scheduled every other week now.   Let the countdown begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment