Vital Adventure's

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Canoe Built for Two

Sunday we decided to explore the local lakes, so we loaded up our canoe, packed a picnic and headed to Grayton Beach.  


                                                     Drew brought his fishing pole.


 I of course wanted an excuse to wear my large white hat.  It was pretty windy out so needless to say we had to fish my hat out of the water.



If you ever make a trip down to 30A, you have to take the time to explore Western Lake.  It is private and beautiful you will occasionally see kayaks, yolo boards (I really want to try that one day), or canoes, but it stays pretty quiet.

I love exploring with Drew, because he is my own personal nature guide.  He knows the name of every fish, bird, plant, snake you name it.  Our trips always start out the same way.

Me- "Do you think a shark or an alligator will tip us over or take a bite out of our canoe?"

Drew-"Yes, Bub I think a shark and an alligator will tip the canoe over together, because they always hang out together.  Personally, I am hoping an alligator will tip us over so I can wrestle him, (in his best impersonation of Steve Irwin) Danger, Danger!"  

We came across Lilly Pads which Drew then informed me we were no longer in salt or brackish water, because Lilly Pads only grow in Fresh Water.


There are tons of little areas to have a picnic.  We chose a secluded sandy beach area, and set up our picnic.


On a side note: Ladies, if you are looking for a fruity beer, but you do not want the calories try Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry.  It was delicious and only had 95 calories.



We had a wonderful and relaxing day out on the water.  We were so blessed to have such a beautiful day.  Have a great week, and I will definatly try to send some Florida sunshine your way. 





No comments:

Post a Comment